Kajeet, Inc. - Telecommunications
Kajeet, Inc. is all about innovation. We are a leading wireless solutions provider enabling education, business, government and telecom service providers to customize the fast-moving world of wireless services to fit their needs. Kajeet is the leading mobile virtual network enabler, having launched the top two MSO MVNO’s, and provides the Sentinel IoT platform to a wide variety of enterprises. Kajeet is the leading wireless solution provider in K-12, helping students in over 1000 school districts. Kajeet provides innovative and optimized wireless data solutions to the SMB, Enterprise and Public Sector market across North America. For more than 15 years, we have built upon our deep expertise and agility in delivering highly configurable, unique solutions. Our management team is comprised of industry experts who seek an open environment for innovation, personal growth, and making a difference. Our fast-paced culture and focus on teamwork means you will never be bored and will have an opportunity to strengthen your professional career. The wireless world is constantly changing; we want you to be part of that journey.
The Communications Manager is responsible for executing communication initiatives and collateral, that will build brand awareness and generate thought leadership to set Kajeet as an expert in the wireless industry. The Communications Manager will work closely with a cross-functional team including sales, product, account management, technology, and executive management. The ideal candidate must have prior experience working in a fast-paced, multi-channel marketing department. Preferential consideration will be given to candidates with a technology and/or wireless technology background and results-driven orientation and strong analytical skills.
This position will work out of our corporate headquarters in McLean, Virginia and report to the Director of Marketing Communications.
A Day in the Life Will Likely Include:
· Oversee the creation of marketing communications copy to ensure it is consistent with the organization’s brand, including press releases, articles, blog posts, whitepapers.
· Execute communication marketing initiatives based on a defined annual strategic marketing plan.
· Assist lead generation team in creating campaign messaging.
· Create SEO titles, tags, content categorization and structure for company website and all digital assets.
· Develop internal communications protocols.
· Create provocative and compelling content across our social media channels, website, and all digital assets.
· Manage all content and creative resources including collateral and monthly editorial calendar.
· Reach out to influencers and media as needed to arrange story placement.
Sounds good? What You’ll Need to Land this Job:
This position requires significant attention to detail, as well as constant communication with related internal and external organizations. The successful candidate is proactive, possesses analytical aptitude, problem-solving skills, works well with others and learns quickly, as well as, the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business or another relevant field preferred.
· 5+ years of experience in marketing, public relations or sales; experience in B2B, particularly at technology-focused and/or wireless company is a plus.
· Experience with corporate communications and writing.
· Experience using social media in a corporate setting.
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment desired, with strong “do it yourself” work ethic. You’ll work as a team but will need to be a self-starter on many projects.
· Must be able to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time.
· Familiarity with marketing automation software (Hubspot preferred).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
· Ability to create and present information succinctly.
The Good Stuff:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and our extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Kajeet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by law.