Kajeet, Inc. - Telecommunications
Kajeet, Inc. is all about innovation. We are a leading wireless solutions provider enabling education, business, government and telecom service providers to customize the fast-moving world of wireless services to fit their needs. Kajeet is the leading mobile virtual network enabler, having launched the top two MSO MVNO’s, and provides the Sentinel IoT platform to a wide variety of enterprises. Kajeet is the leading wireless solution provider in K-12, helping students in over 1000 school districts. Kajeet provides innovative and optimized wireless data solutions to the SMB, Enterprise and Public Sector market across North America. For more than 15 years, we have built upon our deep expertise and agility in delivering highly configurable, unique solutions. Our management team is comprised of industry experts who seek an open environment for innovation, personal growth, and making a difference. Our fast-paced culture and focus on teamwork means you will never be bored and will have an opportunity to strengthen your professional career. The wireless world is constantly changing; we want you to be part of that journey.
IT Helpdesk Analyst
Kajeet is seeking to hire a Level II Help Desk Technician with a minimum of three years’ experience in microcomputer and network support. A comparable amount of training, education, or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications. This position primarily performs remote and onsite technical support for local and wide area networks, personal computers, servers, and firewalls. This position requires approximately 5-10% of travel. Also has the ability to work after hours and/or weekends when necessary. This position will report to the Senior Information Technology Manager.
A Day in the Life Will Likely Include:
· Begins to manage all network servers and other network components including installation, configuration and maintenance in a timely manner.
· Provides onsite and remote technical support.
· Perform day-to-day support and administration of the Allied phone system
· Perform day-to-day administration of all our systems (i.e. OpManager, Jira, Confluence, Office365, Mitel, etc.)
· Perform day-to-day desktop support functions (Windows, Mac, Linux)
· Perform day-to-day maintenance and support of the printer and copier systems
· Perform day-to-day maintenance and support of the company audio-visual equipment
· Troubleshoots and resolves network and application issues.
· Works with senior level staff to determine and resolve high level problems.
· Develops and maintains network security procedures.
· Adds, removes, and changes authorities for network users
· Resolves problems reported by end users for local and wide area networks, personal computers, networking equipment (switches, routers, etc.) and provides answers to complex questions related to these systems.
· Maintains documentation of the network, telecommunications and telephone systems.
· Establishes and maintains contact with vendors for support and problem resolution.
· Train users in the use of software and hardware.
· Possess knowledge of standard networking protocols
· Demonstrates the ability to understand and follow complex and written instructions.
· Demonstrates the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
· Provides quality customer service to all clients in a timely and professional manner (in person, by telephone by remote desktop or via e-mail).
· Additional duties as assigned by management.
Sounds good? What You’ll Need to Land this Job:
· Must have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science or related area.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience providing technical support for small to mid-sized IT infrastructures
· Attention to detail, ability to multitask and work independently
· Proficient knowledge of Windows OS and MS Office applications.
Additional Desired Skills:
· CompTIA+ or other training Certifications for (A+, Network+, Security+, ITF+)
· Office 365 Administration Experience
· ITIL Experience
· Experience using Industry Standard Monitoring Tools (Splunk, Sumo, AppD, OpManager, Thousand Eyes, etc)
The Good Stuff:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and our extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Kajeet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by law.