Kajeet, Inc. - Telecommunications
Kajeet, Inc. is all about innovation. We are a leading wireless solutions provider enabling education, business, government and telecom service providers to customize the fast-moving world of wireless services to fit their needs. Kajeet is the leading mobile virtual network enabler, having launched the top two MSO MVNO’s, and provides the Sentinel IoT platform to a wide variety of enterprises. Kajeet is the leading wireless solution provider in K-12, helping students in over 1000 school districts. Kajeet provides innovative and optimized wireless data solutions to the SMB, Enterprise and Public Sector market across North America. For more than 15 years, we have built upon our deep expertise and agility in delivering highly configurable, unique solutions. Our management team is comprised of industry experts who seek an open environment for innovation, personal growth, and making a difference. Our fast-paced culture and focus on teamwork means you will never be bored and will have an opportunity to strengthen your professional career. The wireless world is constantly changing; we want you to be part of that journey.
Mobile Core Architect
We are looking for a self-starter ace to join our innovation and research lab, who is passionate about Mobile Core technology, who can design and build enterprise level systems. You thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment handling multiple responsibilities, you love innovating and can find solutions in and out of the box. You bring knowledge and strong execution skills to the team, as well as the ability to teach and work in a team environment.
As a Mobile Core Architect in our Innovation Lab, you will be given tremendous opportunity to contribute and find new ways to improve our business. You will be part of our small team, with the means to directly impact the success of the organization. We believe strongly in self-organization, mentoring and sharing of knowledge and expertise.
The successful candidate will establish and maintain close relationships with internal peers (Architects, Developers, Product Managers, and Network Engineers), as well as the Leadership team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in deploying and operating EPC in a mobile core and passion for influencing development for a disruptive product and solution.
A Day in the Life Will Likely Include:
· Design and assist in the deployment of a 3GPP standard based core (EPC) architecture in a virtualized cloud environment
· Design and build container-based, cloud native network solutions, utilizing microservices principles and LTE/3GPP standards
· Plan and build test lab environments for functionality and performance testing
· Develop and run lab and field tests for validation and baselining of new technology
· Perform complex research and analysis of technology, standards, solutions, customer requirements and competitor trends
· Design and create Proof of Concepts and support customer trials
· Engage and evaluate vendor solutions
· Keep up with new trends on the market, including virtualization and cloud native architectures as they relate to the Wireless industry
· Document, mentor and educate peers and stakeholders while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas
· Participate in troubleshooting of issues, identify root cause, and provide clear documentation
Sound good? What You’ll Need to Land this Job:
· 8+ years of wireless industry experience, with a heavy focus on Evolved Packet Core
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Detailed understanding of
o EPC components (MME, P-GW, S-GW, ePDG, HSS, PCRF/PCEF, etc.)
o CUPS, and 3GPP Protocols and Interfaces (S1, S6, S11, SGI, Gx, Gy, etc.)
o 3GPP specifications and ETSI standards for network and service orchestration
o NFV/Cloud Native technologies
· Strong hands-on technical skills in as many of the following areas:
o Policy, Charging and QoS enforcement in packet data networks
o Offline/Online Charging configuration (PCRF Gx and OCS Gy/Gz interfaces)
o RADIUS, Diameter, session initiation protocols
o Develop/Configure Subscriber Policies (HSS)
o Deep Packet Inspection and enhanced charging principles
o Using network protocol analyzers such as Wireshark
· Strong understanding of Linux/UNIX and Shell scripting
· Knowledge of IP Networking and routing protocols, IPv4/6, TCP/IP, UDP, VLAN, IPSec, BGP, NAT
· Knowledge of Virtualized Platform / Cloud Native
o AWS Products
o Cloud Native Principles and concepts
o Containerization solutions (Kubernetes, and/or Docker), Amazon ECS
o Microservices principles
· Understanding of application protocols, e.g., HTTP/S, OAuth, REST, SOAP
Other skills that would really be awesome:
Ability to work independently on multiple high priority projects
· Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
· Self-motivation to drive solutions to completion
· A degree in the following subjects:
The Good Stuff:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and our extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Kajeet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by law.