Kajeet, Inc. - Telecommunications
Kajeet, Inc. is all about innovation. We are a leading wireless solutions provider enabling education, business, government and telecom service providers to customize the fast-moving world of wireless services to fit their needs. Kajeet is the leading mobile virtual network enabler, having launched the top two MSO MVNO’s, and provides the Sentinel IoT platform to a wide variety of enterprises. Kajeet is the leading wireless solution provider in K-12, helping students in over 1000 school districts. Kajeet provides innovative and optimized wireless data solutions to the SMB, Enterprise and Public Sector market across North America. For more than 15 years, we have built upon our deep expertise and agility in delivering highly configurable, unique solutions. Our management team is comprised of industry experts who seek an open environment for innovation, personal growth, and making a difference. Our fast-paced culture and focus on teamwork means you will never be bored and will have an opportunity to strengthen your professional career. The wireless world is constantly changing; we want you to be part of that journey.
Oracle DBA (Operations)
The Operations Database Administrator (DBA) will be responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of the Kajeet’s internal and client systems’ databases. The Operation DBA at Kajeet provides technical expertise in the planning design, implementation, and maintenance of database management systems that support Kajeet’s applications across all environments and customer base. As part of production support, the Operations DBA will participate in an on-call rotation which will be scheduled in advance. Additional responsibilities include reporting, data input and output, data archiving and end-user support.
A Day in the Life Will Likely Include:
· Actively monitor databases servers and respond to any alerts as required
· Work with development teams in database design process and make suggestions/recommendations based on data manipulation needs of the application.
· Works with internal stake holders and application owners on fixing production issues
· Apply regularly patches and update of database security.
· Collaborate with Operations Database group, Systems Administrators and Capacity Planning groups as and when situation demands.
· Ability to quickly diagnose the problem areas and come up with solutions and/or workarounds.
· Strong time management skills with willingness and ability to prioritize multiple projects/initiatives at the same time.
· Proactive with strong team, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Setup DR and HA strategy and support routine DR testing.
· Perform general DBA functions (Install and Upgrade Oracle and Corresponding products, Create Database & Storage Structures, Alter Database Structures as Needed, Set up Database User Accounts, Debug Malfunctioning Programs, Create Database Backups as required using RMAN/ DATAPUMP features, Restore Backups as required using RMAN/ DATAPUMP features).
· Establish database standards for operations, upgrades, migrations and application-based deployments.
· Write clear, concise, well organized user documentation to maintain standards and procedures
· Balance various database infrastructure projects
· Must have some exposure to cloud technology (AWS/OCI). Experience in RDS and Redshift will be a plus.
Sounds good? What You’ll Need to Land this Job:
· 5+ years of experience in Oracle DBA
· 2+ years of experience in Distributed replication technologies (Data Guard, Oracle Goldengate).
· Experience in Oracle Enterprise version 12c and 19c.
· Experience in Oracle Forms 12c installation and configuration.
· Proficient with creating and troubleshooting Materialized Views and Logs.
· Experience in Postgres & MySQL.
· Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as maintaining a flexible attitude are a must.
· Ability to develop and drive database administration strategies and initiatives as per the needs of the team.
· Ability to quickly synthesize ideas, options, and thoughts into solutions to management to aid in decision-making.
Education and Experience:
· B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or Information Systems.
· Minimum of 5 years conducting general Oracle database administration tasks such as database implementations, backups, and account maintenance.
· Minimum of two years administering database platform specific advanced features (e.g. clustering, encryption, logical/physical standby, ETL, replication).
· Experience in a Telecom Billing based environment is preferred but not required.
The Good Stuff:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and our extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Kajeet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by law.