Kajeet, Inc. - Telecommunications
Kajeet, Inc. is all about innovation. We are a leading wireless solutions provider enabling education, business, government and telecom service providers to customize the fast-moving world of wireless services to fit their needs. Kajeet is the leading mobile virtual network enabler, having launched the top two MSO MVNO’s, and provides the Sentinel IoT platform to a wide variety of enterprises. Kajeet is the leading wireless solution provider in K-12, helping students in over 1800 school districts. Kajeet provides innovative and optimized wireless data solutions to the SMB, Enterprise and Public Sector market across North America. For more than 15 years, we have built upon our deep expertise and agility in delivering highly configurable, unique solutions. Our management team is comprised of industry experts who seek an open environment for innovation, personal growth, and making a difference. Our fast-paced culture and focus on teamwork means you will never be bored and will have an opportunity to strengthen your professional career. The wireless world is constantly changing; we want you to be part of that journey.
Proposal/Project Specialist – Strategy
As part of our Strategy Team, the Proposal/Project Specialist will be a be a hands-on position partnering with Sales Teams, Product Strategy, Vertical Strategy, Operations, Product Development and Engineering teams.
The Proposal/Project Specialist Role - Strategy is responsible for end-to-end management of multiple simultaneous internal and external projects. This position will collaborate with business and technical partners to deliver solutions on time and within budget which delight our clients. You will interact with our clients on a frequent basis ensuring that the client team’s expectations are set and met for each project. The Proposal/Project Specialist will further have primary responsibility for coordination and on-time delivery of responses for Kajeet Customer and Reseller RFPs and RFIs.
The individual filling this role should be able to demonstrate expertise in project management frameworks and complex proposal response from prior experience. Experience with the use and management of technology in educational settings and additional public and private sector verticals a plus.
This position will report to the Kajeet Strategy Proposal/Project Manager.
A Day in the Life Will Likely Include:
· Maintain and improve a library of proposal response content to develop repeatable and successful standardization for business capture and post-sales delivery.
· Address and prioritize RFP/RFI requests, ascertain bid/no bid responses, organize required calls and track/maintain document repository.
· Interface, as necessary, with Solutions Engineering, Product Strategy and Product Management, Operations, Software and Network Engineering, and Partners for technical design.
· Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
· Rigorously manage scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
· Communicate clearly with internal, client and vendor teams in multiple diverse locations, ensuring that strategic and tactical deliverables are accomplished on-time.
· Regularly conduct postmortems/retrospectives on capability delivery, proposal losses/wins and documents/distributes accordingly to ensure lessons learned - from mistakes as well as victories.
· Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in relevant regulatory and procurement environments including annual USAC vendor training, GPO/contract management and private/public sector procurement rules and best practices.
· Performance of other related duties as required.
Sound good? What You’ll Need to Land this Job:
This position requires significant attention to detail, as well as constant communication with internal team members, external partners and clients. The ideal candidate is proactive, creative and an assertive advocate for the internal or external client. The candidate for this role must have strong communication skills (written and oral), is able to work concurrently on multiple projects, works well with others, and learns/adapts quickly.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· Current PMP certification or equivalent experience.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects concurrently.
· Ability to listen, understand, articulate, and document specific customer requirements and timelines.
· Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects.
· Excellent problem-solving and strategic thinking skills.
· Successful history of partnering with sales and support teams for new business capture.
· Experience with proposal response including compliance, business and technical requirements.
· Ability to document and present complex issues in clearly written language.
· Detail-orientation with an ability to prioritize and meet aggressive goals.
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional groups to accomplish goals.
· Solid written, oral, and presentation skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences within and outside the organization.
Preferred Additional Skills and Experience:
· Experience within the K-12 educational technology space.
· Experience in the telecommunications industry, specifically mobile broadband.
· Experience with project delivery/prioritization methodologies such as PMBOK, RICE and the conversion of SOWs, Proposals and Contracts into Performance Work Statements and Contract WBSs.
· Experience working in virtual teams and in a growth-stage company environment with a strong work ethic, “get-it-done” attitude and ability to wear multiple hats.
· Experience with Jira, Confluence, Teams, Salesforce.com, Office 365, MS Applications, SharePoint, and Zoom/WebEx.
· Experience proposing and/or delivering projects using mobile broadband service and hardware including carrier and private LTE networks, routers, modems and modules and IOT network technologies.
The Good Stuff:
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and our extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Kajeet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by law.