Kajeet, Inc. - Telecommunications
Kajeet, Inc. is all about innovation. We are a leading wireless solutions provider enabling education, business, government and telecom service providers to customize the fast-moving world of wireless services to fit their needs. Kajeet is the leading mobile virtual network enabler, having launched the top two MSO MVNO’s, and provides the Sentinel IoT platform to a wide variety of enterprises. Kajeet is the leading wireless solution provider in K-12, helping students in over 1000 school districts. Kajeet provides innovative and optimized wireless data solutions to the SMB, Enterprise and Public Sector market across North America. For more than 15 years, we have built upon our deep expertise and agility in delivering highly configurable, unique solutions. Our management team is comprised of industry experts who seek an open environment for innovation, personal growth, and making a difference. Our fast-paced culture and focus on teamwork means you will never be bored and will have an opportunity to strengthen your professional career. The wireless world is constantly changing; we want you to be part of that journey.
We are looking for Release Manager that will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases within the AWS environments. The releases can be inclusive of product or Agile software updates, bug fixes, security improvements, and release related Project/Program initiatives. Where necessary you'll provide best practices, processes, and release governance to help development teams manage and deploy releases into all environments using Agile methodology. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development teams and is supportive of engineering, Agile software developers, and QA testers as they continuously build, deploy, and update software and configure environments.
A Day in the Life Will Likely Include:
· Align internally and externally on the release schedule
· Documentation the release scope and deliverables in the MOP (Method of Procedure)
· Lead and coordinate the release readiness reviews, milestones, and the business Go/No-Go Activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists
· Ensure all release related tickets are documented
· Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
· Document and communicate all changes for a release in the deployment plan.
· Provide release coordination and communication before, during and after deployments
· Communicate all deployment activities, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
· Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams including client organizations
Standards and Processes:
· Create requests for change and obtain appropriate approvals
· Diagram release process flow for new hires into the organization
· Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and within the acceptance criteria, and that they meet or exceed expectations
· Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
· Embody an esprit de corps that results in the highest quality of service and innovation.
Sounds good? What You’ll Need to Land this Job:
· Outstanding organizational and communication skills
· Bachelors degree or equivalent
· Previous experience doing Agile software release management for cloud-based services
· Experience with wireless billing and provisioning
· Program/project management experience
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams towards task completion
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Formal training in project management practices
· ITIL Foundation Certification (a plus)
The Good Stuff
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and our extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Kajeet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by law.