Kajeet, Inc. - Telecommunications
Kajeet, Inc. is all about innovation. We are a leading wireless solutions provider enabling education, business, government and telecom service providers to customize the fast-moving world of wireless services to fit their needs. Kajeet is the leading mobile virtual network enabler, having launched the top two MSO MVNO’s, and provides the Sentinel IoT platform to a wide variety of enterprises. Kajeet is the leading wireless solution provider in K-12, helping students in over 1000 school districts. Kajeet provides innovative and optimized wireless data solutions to the SMB, Enterprise and Public Sector market across North America. For more than 15 years, we have built upon our deep expertise and agility in delivering highly configurable, unique solutions. Our management team is comprised of industry experts who seek an open environment for innovation, personal growth, and making a difference. Our fast-paced culture and focus on teamwork means you will never be bored and will have an opportunity to strengthen your professional career. The wireless world is constantly changing; we want you to be part of that journey.
Strategy & Business Development Manager – PLTE
The Strategy & Business Development (SBD) Manager PLTE will serve in a key role with responsibility for achievement of company growth in their assigned segment. As part of our Strategy Team, the role is a hands-on position ensuring cross-functional communication and coordinate across Sales, Marketing, Operations, Product and Technical teams. The SBD Manager is expected to be a subject matter expert and relationship owner with key partners in the PLTE ecosystem. The SBD Manager is the primary guide for prioritization of the business strategy and roadmap in their segment. The SBD Manager also develops and maintains key relationships in strategic accounts and opportunities as agreed upon with Sales leadership.
The SBD Manager is responsible for selecting and developing key partners in the ecosystem including suppliers to Kajeet or its customers, wireless carriers, indirect channel partners, industry and/or technical associations. The SBD Manager will develop, track and manage complex business models for cost optimization, pricing, profitability analysis and segment performance. The individual filling this role should be able to demonstrate expertise in PLTE technologies from developing, engineering, implementation, billing and supporting a full PLTE deployment from prior experience.
This position will report to the Director of Strategy and Business Development – Education and will work closely with all internal teams, solutions partners and resellers.
A Day in the Life Will Likely Include:
· Maintaining and further developing subject matter expertise, thought leadership and key relationships in the PLTE ecosystem.
· Interface with the Product Development Team to recommend PLTE network strategy, and equipment manufacturers for consideration. Additionally, work with Solutions Engineering, Sales and Account Management, Product Strategy and Product Management, Operations, Software and Network Engineering, and Partners for technical design.
· Interface with Sales and Marketing, Product Strategy, Partners and Senior Leadership for cost analysis and strategic pricing for Kajeet’s PLTE solution offering.
· Responding to escalations from Sales and/or external partners for non-standard application of company capabilities to new/unique strategic opportunities.
· Evaluating new relationships for strategic value and modeling hypothetical results.
· Tracking strategic sales by size and differentiation in the segment
· Reporting to leadership with accurate current stats, reliable forecasts and valuable/meaningful insights for the assigned segment
· Communicating clear advice on the start/stop/continue decisions for key activities in the assigned segment
· Always look for improving the way we get things done.
· Performance of other related duties as required.
Sound good? What You’ll Need to Land this Job:
This position requires significant attention to detail, as well as constant communication with internal team members and external partners and clients. The successful candidate is proactive, creative and an assertive advocate for key clients and the assigned segment. The candidate for this role has strong communication skills (written and oral), is able to work concurrently on multiple projects, works well with others and learns quickly.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects concurrently.
· Ability to hear, understand, articulate, develop and document specific requirements, business cases, timelines, and forecasts.
· Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects in the IOT and wireless communication space.
· Excellent problem-solving and strategic thinking skills.
· Successful history of being part of team sales: i.e. partnering with sales and support teams for new business capture.
· Ability to present complex issues in clearly written language.
· Detail-orientation with an ability to prioritize and meet aggressive goals.
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional groups to accomplish goals.
· Solid written, oral, and presentation skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences inside and outside the organization.
Other skills that would really be awesome:
· Experience in the telecommunications industry, specifically Private LTE networks and mobile broadband.
· Experience with a 3GPP standard based core EPC (Evolved Packet Core) architecture in a virtualized cloud environment.
· Understanding of:
· EPC components (MME, P-GW, S-GW, ePDG, HSS, PCRF/PCEF, etc.)
· CUPS, and 3GPP Protocols and Interfaces (S1, S6, S11, SGI, Gx, Gy, etc.)
· 3GPP specifications and ETSI standards for network and service orchestration
· NFV/Cloud Native technologies
· Policy, Charging and QoS enforcement in packet data networks
· Knowledge of IP Networking and routing protocols, IPv4/6, TCP/IP, UDP, VLAN, IPSec, BGP, NAT
· Knowledge of Virtualized Platform / Cloud Native:
· AWS Products
· Cloud Native Principles and concepts
· Containerization solutions (Kubernetes, and/or Docker), Amazon ECS
· Microservices principles
· Understanding of application protocols, e.g., HTTP/S, OAuth, REST, SOAP
· Experience with PLTE regulations
· Experience with certification processes including FCC, PTCRB, Industry Canada, major carrier certifications, private lab processes and timelines, RF frequency testing, etc.
· Experience with development project methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and Waterfall.
· Experience working in virtual teams and in a growth-stage company environment with a strong work ethic, “get-it-done” attitude and ability to wear multiple hats.
· Experience with Jira, Confluence, Teams, Salesforce.com, Office 365, and Zoom.
· Experience writing or speaking for a public industry audience in a thought-leadership capacity.
· A strong network of existing contacts in the PLTE industry and a demonstrated capability to build, manage and maintain a large contact database as a part of the segment and strategy assets.
The Good Stuff :
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and our extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Kajeet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by law.